"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Monday, August 1, 2011

Hate Titles

The worst thing about writing a daily blog is the need to come up with a title every day.  Sometimes you just want to have some random thoughts or capture whatever you're thinking about at the moment, and there's this huge pause as you sit and try to come up with a title.  Whatever!

It is the first of August and hard to believe that the summer is going so fast.  I'd have to say that it has been a pretty bad summer so far.  June was quite cool and unpleasant, and a great deal of July was dreadfully humid.  Can't really count the number of simple beautiful summer days that we've had.  On the plus side, I guess, is the fact that my gardens are growing pretty well.  I have a ton of tomatoes on the vine and a lot of zucchini starting, but nothing "pickable" yet.  I need to get things in the ground sooner next year.  Also need to either come up with a magical remedy to spray on things that the rabbits hate, or change what's in the ground.  Very discouraging to plant lovely little flowers and have the rabbits eat them down to the ground.

I've been struggling with intense dizziness for the past 4 or 5 days, which I was attributing to the weather.  However, it occurs to me that I stopped taking one of my medications cold turkey a while back and I'm wondering if I'm not suffering side effects of the loss of that medication daily.  With any luck, I'll work through the problem in the next week or so.

Our August weekends will be nice and busy with the kids coming to the lake for several of the weekends, and a wedding one weekend, and Jack & Anna coming to stay for a week, and maybe Dean & Carol coming up from Florida.  I expect my work load will start picking up at Kohl's as we get closer to school opening (and all of those back-to-school sales that will take place).  I almost have all of my volunteer hours for Master Gardeners so I should be good to go for that; thinking about whether I want to put in continuing education hours to keep my insurance license alive.  I probably will as it's much easier to do CE than to go back and get the license again.

Final thought for today:  I think I might go back to England next year for another 3 or 4 weeks.  Considering going on another Jane Austen tour, and maybe go to Paris for a couple of days.  Looking at the maps, I could also go to Wales, Scotland, Belgium, and/or Ireland.  Seems to me this is just about the time of year when I decided that I'd take the last trip -- and spent the whole next year planning it.  There would be far less research needed this time since I already know many of the things that I didn't before.  I'd definitely like to rent a car this time and drive north into Scotland.  Well, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment