"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Working on Photo Albums

Wow!  It is so easy to take thousands of pictures with a digital camera -- and really quite difficult to sort through them to create a great album when the time comes.  I want to organize my photos from England into albums and maybe even enlarge a couple of them.  I had no idea how many pictures I had -- and how many are too valuable to discard!  They all remind me of little things on the trip so I want to include all of them.

Additionally, I never really finished my blog.  Once Steve got to England, I guess I stopped posting so my trip to Westminster Abbey, our soccer game, the trip to Paris, and the wedding never made it to the blog.  I eventually want to have the blog printed into book format so I can put it with the rest of my trip memorabilia, but I need to finish it first.

Then, there's the trip we took out to Utah in May with the wonderful visits to Yellowstone and Mount Rushmore.  Again, there are a ton of pictures to go through and organize into an album.

Additionally, I want to keep a photo album of my gardens showing the various stages of growth and bloom throughout the season.  I think it will really help with future planting and, because I put so much work into it, why shouldn't I have it in an album?! 

I can see what I'll be doing this winter.  We also have trips coming up in January (Caribbean), possibly May (Mexico), and August (Alaska) so I'd like to get somewhat current before I start adding more.  I also need to backup my photos onto CDs as I've fallen behind with that, too.

Oh yeah, this is a whole winter project!

[Note:  maybe I'll also get inspired to get back to my scrapbooks for the kids, which are waaaaay behind.]

No comments:

Post a Comment