"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Friday, January 6, 2012

Done!

Had to take a migraine day yesterday, but I was up bright and early at 5 a.m. this morning and the tree is down!  I swore it would be done by Twelfth Night (Epiphany), and I cut it pretty close but made the deadline.

I bought a couple of red & green totes a few weeks ago, so now all of my ornaments are safely tucked away in totes -- one in the garage with stuff that can't freeze and the other in the basement.  As of today, I have 2 huge and 1 medium totes in the basement full of Christmas stuff, plus 3 totes and 2 boxes in the garage -- plus the stuff on the shelves and the Christmas tree itself.  It's a good thing we reorganized the basement a while back or I wouldn't have space to store all of this stuff.  Once again, though, I'll collect ornaments on our vacations again this year.  Great memories as I unpack them every year and put them on the tree.  Each of the little kids have 6 ornaments now; some day I'll give them to each of them for their trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment