"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Week with the Grandkids

Kids are off on cruises this week so I get to have the little kids for a whole week!  Unfortunately, Ian won't be part of the group because his Mom is also on vacation this week, but he's in school most of the time anyway so we'll pick another time to have him here for some special days.  During this early part of the week, it's just Alex here but Jack and Anna will be joining us on Wednesday night.

We were in Rice Lake over the weekend, and we just hung around the house yesterday because there had been quite a blizzard on Sunday and more snow yesterday.  Today, we ventured out to Kohl's (so I could check on my work schedule) and we did quite a bit of shopping while we were there.  I have a 30% off card right now (on top of my employee discount) and I'm picking up lots of clothes for the kids from the 70 and 80% off racks.  Alex also managed to talk me into a Monster Truck toy while we were there.  Then, we went to the library, and to lunch at Tom's Drive-In, and to the grocery store.  All-in-all, quite a productive day.  He's playing good by himself downstairs while I'm catching up on bills and emails, etc.  I need to do quite a bit of reading shortly, though, because my Master Gardener class is tonight. 

A couple of personal asides:  I'm having a problem with a muscle or tendon or something in my right leg in the inner thigh.  It's unbelievably sore and seems to be worse every day -- that makes me think that it's a tendon that keeps tightening up.  Makes it hard to sleep.  The other thing is how really sad I am in the background of my day.  I realized how sad today at lunch with Alex when, with no warning at all, I just started sobbing.  I didn't have as much fun in Vegas last week as I would normally have done -- something I was aware of at the time, but this really took me by surprise today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment