"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Friday, March 8, 2013

Blog Fever

I originally started a blog when I traveled to England to chronicle a trip that I knew would be a once-in-a-lifetime thing (and it was).  I wanted to keep it separate from my daily ramblings because it will then read like the travelogue I was hoping to achieve and, via a company I've located, the entire blog can be downloaded and printed as a book.  It will make a nice addition to the souvenirs I collected there.

But, I needed by everyday blog to follow the ordinary things that happen in life (along with some of the not-so-ordinary) so I created this blog:  Vicki's Pensieve.  It's based on an item that appears in the Harry Potter books -- a basin in which your memories can be stored and examined at will so your brain doesn't get all clogged up trying to remember everything.

However, I liked the idea of having a blog that covered trips and travels.  Traveling has always been so important and fun for me and, now that I'm retired, I intend to do more and more of it.  So, another blog was born.

Then, when I started gardening seriously, I started a gardening blog more as a journal for myself so I could track the progress of the things that I was attempting.  Now that blog is also shared on our Master Gardeners website so I really need to keep the entries as non-personal as possible.

Now I'm going to China in July and had intended to create yet another blog just for that trip.  However, I've decided to fold that trip into my travel blog.  I mean:  Really -- How many blogs should one person manage?!

So I spent this evening cleaning up the blogs that I had, making them a bit easier to read, eliminating the one that I had started for China by integrating the information into the travel blog, and trying to find out how to delete old blogs (took me forever to find the instructions).  I also discovered that you can change the date on any blog post, which will allow me to go back and fill in some pages in a chronological order.  That was a wonderful discovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment