"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Friday, September 27, 2013

Minneapolis

I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I've never visited Minneapolis (short field trip while in high school but I remember absolutely nothing about it).  The JASNA Convention was here this year so I decided to drive over (stopping in Duluth along the way) and, while here, took a minute to track down this iconic statue of Mary Tyler Moore tossing her hat in the air (as she did on the TV show.  The statue is literally right in the middle of downtown on a street corner, and only blocks from where I was staying at the Hilton.

Minneapolis is a beautiful city and I really want to come back for a long weekend some time to do some exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment