"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fall Updates

We're only in the middle of September and the kids are all busy with sports.  Ian plays kickball in a league, Alex plays football and baseball (both on Saturdays), Jack plays soccer on Saturdays and just tried out for basketball, and Anna is still doing gymnastics.  Very busy kids and we try to make as many of the games as possible.

The weather has been fairly mild so we're doing outdoor work a bit at a time so we don't get hit with it all at once.  My gardens looked really awful for a quite a lot of the summer but look pretty good right now.  I need to remember to plant more things that bloom in the Fall.

As a result of the trip to the U.P. with Jeff and to the House on the Rock area with Mom in August, I've decided to spend some more time visiting 'mansions' in and around our area.  I spent a lot of time and money visiting big old manors and mansions in England, and it occurs to me that we have quite a lot of those here, too.  With that in mind, then, I'm going to start blogging about all of the places I visit on my travel blog:  In Search of My Next Adventure.  A link is available on the right side of this blog page.


No comments:

Post a Comment