"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Sunday, January 9, 2011

Catching Up with Harry Potter

The first half of the final Harry Potter movie opened in mid-November, but I had just started working my two seasonal jobs so I didn't get there right away.  Then, I started wondering whether I wanted to see it when the second half doesn't come out until June or July.  Would it be a big disappointment?  Is it a cliff-hanger (even though I've read the book repeatedly)?  Anyway, I decided to go see it today while it's still in the theatres in case it isn't re-released prior to the second half coming out.  I do love to see a movie on the big screen while eating popcorn.  Result:  I really enjoyed the movie.  It ended at a perfect spot -- no big cliffhanger to keep you in suspense for 6 months.  Once again, though, I'm sure the movie is much more enjoyable to those who have read the book and understand everything going on.

When I got home, I changed my clothes and popcorn fell everywhere!  Apparently, I was enjoying the movie so much that I didn't realize that I had been dropping the popcorn and my hoodie sweatshirt was catching the kernels.  Regal Cinemas used to own and operate the theatre, but it was bought by Marcus a while back and this was my first visit since the change.  Very disappointing that they removed the Coke products and replaced them with Pepsi, but I kind of expected it to happen.  At least the popcorn is still good!

No comments:

Post a Comment