"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Tuesday, January 18, 2011

No More Decorations

January 17 and I've finally gotten the Christmas decorations down.  Things have been pretty hectic so I haven't had a lot of free time since the end of the year -- or, at least, free time when I wasn't sleeping.  I slept a lot again over the weekend and felt pretty energized when I got up today.  Jeff left early this morning for work in Minnesota and it was snowing pretty hard so I cancelled the one appointment I had for today (plasma donation) and kept my eye on the goal of getting as much done as possible.  Three cans of diet Coke helped and I got all of the decorations down, boxed up, and ready to put away.  While I went along, I also cleaned the house so I'm pretty happy with the day as a whole.

I went out to clean the pretty heavy accumulation from the driveway earlier, planning to take an hour or so to do it and the sidewalk with the shovel.  I just can't use our snow blower -- maybe I need to practice, but I have never been able to manage it.  Anyway, I had barely started when our neighbor came along with his snow blower and did it for me.  Somehow, I twisted my knee this weekend, so I really appreciated the help with the snow.  I'm going to bake some cookies and take them over tomorrow as a thank you.

Now, Jeff will have to deal with putting away the Christmas tree and the boxes that need to go above the garage.  Then we should be set for a while.  Feels pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment