"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Sunday, December 19, 2010

All done with Target

On Friday, I was told that Target would not be keeping any of the seasonal people on after the first of the year.  I was told that it was budget/payroll considerations and, as I hadn't planned to stay there anyway, it didn't really matter to me.  [Sidebar:  I really did enjoy working in the pharmacy, though, and might have liked to continue doing that.]  Anyway, I had been struggling with the fact that I'm scheduled to work both Christmas Eve (11-7:30) and New Year's Eve (2-9), which I thought was kind of crummy.  They had worked around several things for me (Anna's BD party, Ian's school concert, Appleton Christmas parade, and the weekend after Thanksgiving), so I felt like maybe I should stay and finish out my commitment.  However, when I was told that the job was ending, and my hours with Kohl's continue strong along with doing some kind of fun things, I decided to pull the plug early.

My discount at Target was 10% as an employee, plus another 5% on any purchase on my Target card.  I got a lot of great deals with my discounts (including my new Dyson vacuum) and was able to snag lots of things as they went on sale before they could be sold.  Those were good benefits.  Some of the people that work there are really nice and I enjoyed the social element very much.  Overall, though, I'll be happy to get my days back and look forward to spending some time doing volunteer work at the library after the first of the year.  This week will need to be dedicated to getting ready for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment