"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day Off

After working continuously for the past week or so, I actually a period of non-work time.  I finished at Target yesterday afternoon at 4:30 and will need to be at Kohl's tonight at 10 p.m.  That's a lot of "me" time all in one chunk!

We went shopping at Kohl's last night because it was double employee discount (30%), plus my 15% pick-a-day card on top of the 50% sale that was going on.  Jeff and I had decided that we weren't going to buy Christmas presents for each other this year and I've been shopping the sales as they come up.  So far, I've gotten a new vacuum cleaner, an electric griddle, a little camera that I can fit in my purse, some new boots, and a milk frother for my chai.  Last night, Jeff got socks and underwear and jeans and nylon jogging pants and a bathrobe.

I had hoped to do some Christmas decorating today, but I'm doing practical things instead.  I had to sort the mail and deal with various things contained therein.  I also went through all of the Christmas shopping that I've been doing and attached the gift receipts before things got too mixed up.  Doing laundry now and thinking about heading back to bed for a little nap.  I've been bringing my library book to work with me to read at breaks as I was missing all of my reading time.

Little update on that infection that attacked my lips (my "unidentified lip fungus"), it's getting a lot better although looking kind of gross as the dead skin sloughs off.  I seriously don't understand how people can look at me without cringing, but I've been applying a little concealer when I have to be in public and I think that helps.  The glands underneath my jawline are still extremely swollen and painful so I know they're fighting this infection and doing their job.  Let's hear it for the immune system!!  I figure the whole thing should be done in another week.

Our hot tub has ceased getting hot.  We may need to rename it "our extremely small indoor swimming pool" instead.  We've had it forever and it's still in really good condition except for that non-heating thing.  Jeff talked to the hot tub store people and got a new something-or-other to replace the thing that isn't working so it can heat again.  Let me tell you:  after being on my feet for 3 or 4 consecutive shifts, sitting in that hot tub has been more attractive to me than sleep!  And, the little kids would be so disappointed if we didn't have a hot tub here when they come to visit.

Well, it's the first of December and we now have a dusting of snow on the ground.  Except for a few flurries that amounted to nothing, this is our first snowfall of the year.  It's so light, though, that I don't expect it to stick around.  Jeff put up my Christmas lights on Sunday and it seems like maybe everyone in the surrounding neighborhood had the same thought.  When I leave at night to go to work, it's really nice to see all of the Christmas lights everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment