"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Half-Way Mark

It was 3 weeks ago today that I had my orientation with Target in the morning and Kohl's that evening.  I started working for both the very next day, and it seems like I've been doing the work forever.  Both jobs have advantages and disadvantages, but running them together has been the biggest problem.  This week has been a blessing so far with big chunks of time where I'm not scheduled to work.  In the last 48 hours, I'm sure I slept 24 of them.  Felt darn good this morning when I got up!

One of the advantages of this schedule has been the continual activity (lots of walking) and I've lost 10 pounds during the 3-week period, along with one toe-nail.  Also had countless bruises, blisters, and a pretty nasty infection that affected various cuts on my fingers as well as my lips.  Almost everything is now healed (or healing) and I found some relief for my toes by wearing Jeff's shoes.  Things seem to be pretty good now, though, so I'm going to go back to wearing my own clothes tomorrow.  The real issue is the extremely dirty environment in which I'm working:  unpacking boxes and working around a lot of people whom I assume are sick.  Every little cut becomes very quickly infected so I'm going through a lot of band-aids.

I can't even imagine the amount of money that I've saved via my discounts -- especially since I probably bought things that I might not have gotten without the discount, but I'm still pretty happy with that aspect of things.

It's the 8th of December and I still don't have my indoor Christmas decorations up, and I have to address and send our Christmas cards.   I have been doing quite a bit of gift shopping, but I don't really have a pattern so the boys might end up with dresses and dolls and Anna might get a basketball!  I'll need to carve out some time to get everything organized and wrapped, and a minimal amount of decorating done.

No comments:

Post a Comment