"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Monday, December 20, 2010

Counting down to Christmas

I had been originally scheduled to work at Target a lot of hours this week and next, so it was particularly nice to feel that freedom today.  I slept until noon as I hadn't really caught up on my sleep yet, and headed to Kohl's to finish up a lot of shopping.  This evening, I was able to get everything sorted out and I'm ready to start wrapping gifts.  I may do some of that tomorrow, although I do have some errands to run and I have to work at Kohl's tomorrow night.  Wednesday is double coupon day at the grocery store so I'm saving my grocery shopping 'til then, and Thursday will be spent cooking and baking for our get together on Friday and Saturday. 

I'm finally enjoying the holiday season even though there's only one week left!  Being in the stores all of those weeks with Christmas music playing and decorations everywhere, it took away some of the joy of the season away.  I've only seen White Christmas once this season, and no other Christmas movies at all!

Still, it will be good to get back to normal and get some kind of routine in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment