"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Saturday, April 11, 2015

Frankie Valli

Waiting for the show to begin at the Milwaukee Theatre
After a fun week with the kids, we took them back home last night and, after having dinner with Steve and the kids, Jeff and I went to the Milwaukee Theatre to see Frankie Valli.  Jeff has loved Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons forever so we were really thrilled to be able to see him again.  Two years ago, 'Jersey Boys' came to the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center and we both really enjoyed it. Then, that same year Frankie Valli came to Appleton to perform and it was a great show. We were hoping for another great show and weren't disappointed.

Initially, things started off kind of slow and flat and I wondered if maybe he was ill (sounded a bit husky when talking to the audience). Then I figured the medicine must have kicked in because the show really took off and was wonderful. People in the audience were standing up and dancing on and off during the show.

'Jersey Boys' is coming back to Appleton in May and I'm looking forward to seeing it again. Watched the movie while in Florida at Mom's at the end of February so I'm definitely getting my dose of Frankie this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment