"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Impatience!

It seems like it's taking forever for warm Spring weather to get here this year.  We had unseasonably beautiful temperatures a few weeks ago (60s), the snow has been gone for a while, and it just seems like it should be warm to go along with the lovely sunshine.

I went for a walk this morning and the wind was a bit brisk despite the 50 degree temperature.  Bulbs are starting to come up and I've contracted to have all of my gardens cleaned out, shrubs pruned, everything fertilized, and fresh mulch applied.  Hope they get to it soon or the bulbs will be up quite a bit.

My tulips and daffodils were really beautiful last year, and I'm looking forward to all of that color agains this year -- assuming, of course, that my tulips aren't eaten by that big rabbit that I've seen hanging around in the back yard.  I put out the live trap but the rabbit is so big I don't think it will fit inside.  I'm afraid that it will have a next of baby rabbits before I can get rid of it!

I keep thinking that I should get some seeds started, but can't bring myself to get excited about it.  I imagine I'll just buy a ton of annuals and tomatoes again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment