"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Monday, April 13, 2015

Spring!

Saturday was a beautiful day and Jeff was able to use the power washer to clean the back patio.  It was really dirty and stained from the winter but is looking better.  One more effort and I think we'll be ready for summer.  I spent the day cleaning the house and washing a few windows -- so nice to see the sun shining in!

Yesterday was another nice day with sun but pretty windy.  We went golfing with George and Lynn and, while none of us had a particularly good golf game, it was a really fun day followed by dinner at their house.  Lynn and I are talking about trying to get in some games during the afternoons this summer.

Today is another sunny day (had a bit of rain in the night) so I did a bit of work outside (not too much as I'm hoping VandeHey's will get here soon), and took care of the birds.  It's wonderful to see the plants coming up and the buds on my magnolia tree are starting to open!  I must have planted hyacinth bulbs last fall because I think some of them are coming up.  Hope my hydrangeas do well this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment