"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Monday, November 15, 2010

Drug Test #2

Following up on my call from Kohl's Friday, I picked up the paperwork and headed back to the little dungeon where they do the drug testing in Appleton.  Honestly, it's an old building that is completely deserted except for this dingy little office on the lower level where the samples are collected.  When I was there last week, there was a young girl on duty (although I heard noises from another room and suspected that she wasn't alone).  Today, though, only the guy that runs the place was there.

Here's the drill:  you have to show your driver's license to prove who you are, leave all of your belongings in the waiting room, and go into the bathroom alone.  It's kind of freaky to leave your purse, etc out in a waiting room in a building that is, basically, deserted.  Today, I only took my ID and keys in with me, locking everything else in the car.  Didn't take long today as I had a big diet Coke before going.

Kind of fun to be exploring this other world that seems to be a regular part of hiring now days.

No comments:

Post a Comment