"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Friday, November 12, 2010

Even I'm glad it's the weekend

For weeks I've been at rather loose ends, which is why I applied for the seasonal jobs (and the money, of course) and also started volunteering at the library.  I found that sitting home all day just isn't for me at this stage of my life yet.  I've had a busy couple of weeks with job interviews, drug testing, Christmas shopping (a little bit), weekend visit to Rice Lake, watching Alex for a while last night, and volunteering 4 hours at the library today.  Turns out that I'm kind of tired and looking forward to relaxing a bit.

When I got home late this afternoon, I had a call from Kohl's offering me a job conditional on a positive drug test (which I'll go do again on Monday but remember to drink a lot of liquid before I get there).  I also have the offer from Target that was conditional on a positive drug test, but I haven't heard back from them.  I did the test on Wednesday so I'm guessing they might have gotten the results today, which might mean a call some time this weekend.  What a bother!  First I'm sitting around with nothing to do, and now I have too much to do!  I want those Kohl's discounts and first shot at Target's Black Friday deals!  Funny thing about that:  I don't really need anything from either store as I could do all of my holiday shopping online, but I'm smelling the deal and hate to miss out!

2 comments:

  1. I"m honestly enjoying this retail job journey. Cracks me up. Can't wait to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder I worked at Marsh for 25 years -- I can't make up my mind when offered other alternatives. Not only do I want the benefits for myself, I can't stand the thought of disappointing the people with whom I interviewed. I'm getting soft in my old age!

    ReplyDelete