"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Full, Fun, and Satisfying Day

Not sure why, but I overslept this morning:  it was almost 9 when I woke up.  I think it has to do with my sinuses this time of year.  I had nothing planned early anyway, but it was a bit startling.

I had a great couple of interviews at Target for a seasonal job; I think it's something that I would enjoy and would be days instead of working in the middle of the night.  I really liked the one lady that I talked to who, I believe, would supervise the area in which I'd work.  Beyond that, though, I know nothing -- not the job, or the hours, or the rate of pay.  Like Kohl's, they were pretty insistent about being available for Thanksgiving weekend.  Well, we'll see how it turns out.

Following that, I went to the plasma center to give a donation.  You can donate plasma twice a week every week (if your stats are ok) at $20 each donation.  It takes a little over an hour and I just listen to my ipod or, like today, went through my Birds & Blooms issue.  Sometimes my iron is a bit low and I get turned away, but I'm taking iron supplements and eating lots of protein so, hopefully, I'll make some Christmas money.

Good news for Dean today:  he finally got word from the State of Florida about his claim for disability benefits and the news was positive!  That's really a good thing and it's about time that he finally caught a break.

 Jeff sent me this kind of ugly picture from South Dakota.  Looks like they shot several deer and one looks nice enough to mount the head.  Jeff said it was all Len and Tim, and the rest of them resembled the Gang Who Couldn't Shoot Straight.  I believe they're heading back from SD tomorrow.

We're having the most incredible run of beautiful weather the past few days.  It has hit 60 both yesterday and today, and should again tomorrow.  I sure would like to see a mild winter, but I'm guessing the bad weather is just around the corner and it's only a matter of time 'til we're looking at mounds of snow outside the windows.

Finally, I ended my evening by going to see "A Chorus Line" at the PAC.  I'll bet I've seen it at least 20 times since I first saw it in the 70s.  I've seen local theatre productions and high school productions and a lot of professional versions.  Also have the soundtrack and know every single song.  Because Jeff wasn't here to join me (and we have season tickets), I turned in his ticket and got another one so I can go again on Sunday afternoon.

Great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment