"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Thursday, November 18, 2010

Getting Acclimated

Wow, talking about getting what you ask for!!  I really didn't like just sitting at home (even collecting unemployment, it was just too boring) so I thought I'd get these seasonal jobs.  When two were offered, I thought, "Why not?  It's only 6 weeks -- I can do that."

Yesterday, I had Orientation with Target for 3 hours in the morning and with Kohl's for 4 hours last night.  By the time I went to bed, my head was spinning so sleep was a long time coming.

Today, I worked 9-5 at Target learning how to do the registers, how to work those hand-held scanner things, merchandising, etc.  My feet were killing me by the time I got home!! Those floors are hard!  Ian's school concert was at 6, and we had pizza afterward so got home 7:30ish.  Now, I've gone through the mail, pulled together some things that have to go back out in the mail tomorrow, stacked the packages that have started to arrive from my online shopping, and changed clothes because I have to be at Kohl's at 10:00 for my night shift (10 p.m. to 6 a.m.).  I'm mainlining caffeine at the moment.

Tomorrow, I work at Target from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and, following some errands and things that I need to get done at home, I can sleep from 5ish tomorrow night until maybe 9 or so Saturday morning.  Then, it's off to Milwaukee for Anna's birthday party.

I think this is going to work.  I just have to get used to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment