"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Thursday, November 4, 2010

Volunteerism

What a sad world this has become.  I was at the library yesterday and asked about volunteering (anything that needs to be done around the library).  On one hand, I think it's a good think to do for the community and on the other, I can't think of anything I'd rather do than spend the days around books (and it will give me an "in" if a job pops up).  However, I had to fill out a big application and the city will need to do a background check on me to make sure I'm not a druggie or pervert since the library is always full of kids.  Could be weeks before this is all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment