"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Saturday, November 13, 2010

Holiday Shopping Season

The day started pretty early (for me) at 6:30 a.m.  I had a tough time sleeping last night -- tossing and turning while thinking about whether I could really handle an overnight job at Kohl's and whether I could also handle a day job with Target at the same time.  Also, trying to understand why I'm pushing to work at a low-paying job when it may very well have a negative effect on my unemployment.  Guess I just don't want to be non-productive.  [Note:  I have yet to hear back from Target after going in for the drug test last week, so I don't know how the conversation will go once they do finally call.]

Anyway, up at 6:30 so I could get onto the Younkers website and take advantage of their early bird savings for the big sale today.  Ended up ordering quite a lot and saving a ton of money using the savings book from Jack's school.  I even got free delivery.

Alex came over for a while and played Wii and we set up a road race with cars.  It was quite a fun morning, after which I thought maybe I'd go out to walk around the mall and see about other deals.  The number of people out shopping was unbelievable!  I know it's always busy at the mall on Saturdays, and the holiday season is approaching, but I was still surprised.  While I was in one of the stores, it started pouring rain and I decided that I just didn't want to fight the crowds and the weather.  So I went off to the library -- and ran into Scott, Maggie, and Alex.  It was quite amusing.

We've been pretty lucky here today.  The weather has stayed in the mid- to high-40s all day so no snow.  There was some heavy ran in the afternoon, but that tapered off and it's just wet and cold now.  It's a good night to be inside where it's warm -- so I'm having some wine, watching movies, and knitting a scarf.  Very toasty.  Definitely going to sleep in tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment