"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Tuesday, November 16, 2010

REALLY gaining speed now

So, a few updates since my post this morning.  I got a phone call from Target asking if I'd be available for training tomorrow as they're combining the store on the east side (where I'll be working) with the Mall Target for training tomorrow.  I liked that way better than waiting until Friday.  It also gave me a chance to mention that I don't want to be scheduled for Saturday as Anna's birthday party is Saturday.

Then, this afternoon I got a call from Kohl's saying that, despite the fact that my drug test hasn't come back yet, they're confident that it will be fine and training will be tomorrow evening.  That works out really well because I didn't want to miss Ian's school concert on Thursday night.

So, by the time I go to bed tomorrow night I'll have two jobs and will have been trained for both.  This is really kind of fun for me -- whole new world really.

3 comments:

  1. Just let me know when you need me to stop by Kohls and compile my new Christmas wish lit. You could show it to Steve, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would probably be a good idea to do that pretty soon. I'm appalled at how quickly some things just disappear from the store. I bought a fleece jacket for my mom back in October when they first hit the store: white with a really pretty red border with cardinals. It was too small so I wanted to exchange it, but they're no longer in any of the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, crazy!

    Kohls is a great place for discounts. I need to make a Kohls run and scope it out soon.

    ReplyDelete