"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere beyond the morning." - J.B. Priestly


Saturday, November 6, 2010

Extra Hour

As we transition back to standard time, I wonder how many people will get totally messed up tomorrow because they missed one of their clocks (like the one in the car, for instance).  I've kind of enjoyed the sunsets in the evening, but it will be dark so much earlier now.  I guess it will be good for those who get up early to have the sunlight; doesn't really affect me since I don't get up until well into the morning anyway.

Weather was really cold the last couple of days with a bitter wind.  However, it's going to be back up in the 60s Monday and Tuesday with lots of sun.  Guess I'll need to finish whatever yard work is left to do.  I know I still have some garden tending to complete, and we have a ton of leaves that still need raking.  I totally don't understand our trees.  We have 4 huge maple trees -- two in the front and two in the back.  We live on the north end of our street on the north side of our town so you'd think that our end would get the cold winds, etc.  Instead, our trees are always the last ones to lose their leaves -- sometimes on top of the snow.  It's really annoying because the City will come through and pick up yard waste for free; all we have to do is rake it directly into the street and they do the rest.  However, the service is almost always finished for the year before our leaves are all down.

No comments:

Post a Comment